Rival Cavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marie-Mai

2 posters

Go down

Marie-Mai Empty Marie-Mai

Post by My Muffin Is Pimpin Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Marie-Mai 11085910
Marie-Mai Bouchard, (born on July 7, 1984, in Varennes, Quebec) also known as her stage name Marie-Mai, is a French Canadian singer. She was initially known as one of the top finalists of the first season of the Quebec reality show Star Académie.

As her father was also a musician Marie-Mai began her interest in music in her early years when practicing piano lessons and also participated in musical comedy. Shortly, she began singing and her grandmother noticed her talent. In the following years, she would help Marie-Mai improve her singing abilities even further. At that time, her grandmother suggested to her that she audition for a new competition, Star Académie. Prior to that, in 2001, she would start to perform in shows at Montreal's Théâtre Musical in the Passion intense show.

She became a finalist in the 2003 edition, in which she was immediately noticed by her pop-rock style. While she was never in danger of elimination throughout the competition, Marie-Elaine Thibert, the runner-up of the competition behind Wilfred Le Bouthillier, had reached the finals thus finishing third in the reality show's.

After the Star Académie tour that ended in 2004, she was part of Rent, a rock opera musical which was held at the Olympia Theatre in Montreal.

Her debut album Inoxydable was released on September 28, 2004. Over 120,000 albums were sold in Quebec alone while the album was released in France in 2006. Several singles had reached high in the Quebec charts including the songs "Il faut que tu t'en ailles" and "Encore une nuit" which reached the top of the Radio Énergie charts.

In the fall of 2006, Marie-Mai had already reached the international stage, when she opened for Garou for four shows at the Olympia in Paris where several international acts made their mark at the landmark music hall. Additional stops in the European Tour included Switzerland, Belgium, Romania and Russia. In an interview with TVA's correspondent in Paris, Claude Charron, Marie-Mai mentioned she was thrilled about the experience and was amazed by the public reception in Paris. She also added that despite being a short experience each night (she opens with 30-minute performance), she enjoys every single moment of it and would stay there forever on the stage.

Her second album, Dangereuse Attraction, was released in August 2007. She mentioned in the interview with Charron that she hopes for success similar to her debut album Inoxydable. The first song from her next album is "Qui prendra ma place" (Who Will Take My Place) and already reached number 1 in the Francophone Chart of Radio Enérgie. Marie-Mai mentions that her second album is much more personal than Inoxydable. Her song "Tôt Ou Tard" is a cover of Alexz Johnson's "Waste My Time" on the album Songs from Instant Star.

Emmène-Moi
My Muffin Is Pimpin
My Muffin Is Pimpin
Gigglebreeze
Gigglebreeze

Female Gemini Posts : 287
Birthday : 1993-06-17
Job/hobbies : Hippies do not work!!
Humor : I find everything funny even my shoe is funny

http://sireniaforum.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Marie-Mai Empty Re: Marie-Mai

Post by Kiss My Hello Kitty Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:33 pm

the song is ok. do u have any other ones that might be better than this one? she kinda looks like amy winehouse.
Kiss My Hello Kitty
Kiss My Hello Kitty
Skinny Little Bitch
Skinny Little Bitch

Female Virgo Posts : 153
Birthday : 1990-09-02

Back to top Go down

Marie-Mai Empty Re: Marie-Mai

Post by My Muffin Is Pimpin Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Il Faut Que Tu T'en Ailles
My Muffin Is Pimpin
My Muffin Is Pimpin