Rival Cavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimmu Borgir

5 posters

Go down

Dimmu Borgir Empty Dimmu Borgir

Post by Viktoria Wed May 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Dimmu Borgir Dimmu_10
Norway's finest, DIMMU BORGIR, strike back with their eighth opus “In Sorte Diaboli”, and it is their most elaborate and thrilling effort so far! Again produced by Swedish mastermind Fredrik Nordström, the nine new DIMMU BORGIR tracks are a true lesson in fierce yet melodic Northern blackness...

In 1994, the band recorded their now-classic debut full-length, “For All Tid”, followed two years later by one of the most important albums in Black Metal history, “Stormblåst”. Album number two instantly turned DIMMU BORGIR into the hottest Black Metal Underground act with its mature songwriting, tempo variances, strong classical influences and overall unique sound.

The “Devil’s Path” MCD was next, before the recording sessions for a true and immortal melodic Black Metal masterpiece commenced. “Enthrone Darkness Triumphant” was produced by Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy) and released in 1997. The band`s Nuclear Blast debut marked their big international breakthrough achieving chart entries all over the world and playing the huge European music festivals such as Dynamo Open Air and Wacken Open Air.

Shortly following their world tour for “Enthroned Darkness Triumphant”, DIMMU BORGIR recorded the “Godless Savage Garden” MCD to hold fans over while waiting for the next full-length, “Spiritual Black Dimensions”. This one was unleashed in March 1999, taking record stores by storm and proving yet again that DIMMU BORGIR are the kings of the dark throne.

With a new-formed line-up, consisting of Shagrath (vocals), Silenoz (guitar), Vortex (bass & vocals), Galder (guitar), Mustis (keyboard) and Nick Barker (drums), Dimmu Borgir entered Sweden’s Fredman Studio in Fall 2000 to record their highly anticipated album “Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia”. Once again the band created a masterpiece in aggressive music with outstanding atmosphere and audibly evil songs. 2003`s “Death Cult Armageddon” even outdid that high level. This opus set a new standard for Black Metal with its complexity, brutality and catchy feel. The majestic orchestral parts on the record remain unchallenged in Black Metal history to this very day.

In 2005, the band decided to fully re-record the classic “Stormblåst”, since this fan favourite lacked appropriate sound and arrangements in the eyes of the DIMMU BORGIR guys. Living legend Hellhammer (MAYHEM) joined them on drums for this occasion – and he is also part of “In Sorte Diaboli”.

Combining all DIMMU BORGIR trademarks such as brutal highspeed parts, catchy hooks, ethereal melodies and complex song arrangements, “In Sorte Diaboli” certainly was worth the wait. Recorded in the famous Fredman Studios, this album will certainly see the band grow larger than life and definitely larger than Black Metal itself!

Watch out for DIMMU BORGIR on U.S. tour in April, and also for selected summer festval shows!!!!

The Dark Ages are back!
Viktoria
Viktoria
Memento Mori
Memento Mori

Female Libra Posts : 75
Birthday : 1992-10-19
Job/hobbies : Student/Mother
Humor : Strange

http://www.midnattsol.com/en/forum.html

Back to top Go down

Dimmu Borgir Empty Re: Dimmu Borgir

Post by Black_Passion_Diamond Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm

They kick ass!! And than they get kicked in the balls by the non stop love of Lord of the Rings.
Black_Passion_Diamond
Black_Passion_Diamond
Kat von D Fan
Kat von D Fan

Male Pisces Posts : 130
Birthday : 1990-02-25
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : Do you really need me to answer that?

http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My Muffin Is Pimpin Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 am

I like some of their songs. I think Shagrath is one of the best black metal vocalist.
My Muffin Is Pimpin
My Muffin Is Pimpin
Gigglebreeze
Gigglebreeze

Female Gemini Posts : 287
Birthday : 1993-06-17
Job/hobbies : Hippies do not work!!
Humor : I find everything funny even my shoe is funny

http://sireniaforum.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Dies_Hard Thu May 14, 2009 4:36 pm